background

Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrr.....!

Winter has come on with a vengeance here in southern NH. The kitchen window thermometer registered -18 at 8:30 a.m., but now is at a balmy 11 degrees. The birds have been busy at the feeders, and who can blame them? We've had many juncos, finches, chickadees, woodpeckers, and nuthatches...I just love 'em all. We have also seen fox tracks almost every morning in the past week. They're snacking on the sunflower seeds that fall on the ground under the feeders. I dream of Spring, its warmth and pastel colors of Easter. I'll do a happy dance when I can dig in the dirt again. I must get to some Valentine's Day projects over the week-end and keep working on this blog set-up, as well as my etsy shop, Thymentide. Thanks for stopping by and KEEP WARM in your corner of the world. Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment