background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

I'm working on the rug again today. I decided to go with dark blue for the background. The Wool Gatherings group on Delphi was a big help, suggesting a dark background since the flowers were medium shades. I started with wool from a skirt purchased at Goodwill, and quickly found the wool to be loosely woven and kind of frustrating to hook with. There are a lot of threads sticking up, but I used it anyway to outline the flowers and one row on the border. Hopefully, it will look better when it's all finished. I bought some more navy blue shades from http://www.hollyhockhilldesigns.com/ and I'm really pleased with them. I've already thought about a few designs I'd like to draw, but I will "audition" colors next time. Hope you are all having a good week. I'm off for a little walk in the sunshine with temp. of 38....a heat wave! Mary




No comments: